I manage a Medical Reserve Corps and keeping them as busy as they want to be is my task.
In order to accomplish the question above I do the following:
- Look at my volunteers capabilities (how much time can they really put in)
- Ask them what they want to do (within reason)
- Connect with others in our space (Public Health & Preparedness)
- Put in the time to schedule and manage these events
- Post articles that are about what we do on our FB page
So what did I do for my volunteers this year to keep them interested and moving forward?
14 missions (where they actually helped someone) 236 volunteers for 1,232 hours
12 trainings (one per month- where they learned something) 93 volunteers for 212 hours.
What do you do to keep your volunteers spirit up long term? We have a big job keeping the volunteer spirit alive long term.